The Lodging used by Chacma Safaris are equipped with luxurious features and splendid serenity. We cater for food and drinks throughout your stay with us. Rooms are uniquely decorated and comfortable, adding to the quality of service our clients return for.
click on image to enlarge
CLIMATE AND CLOTHING
Chacma Safaris has hunting excemption to hunt throughout the year.
Suggested hunting season is from April to September, which are winter months where temperatures of 37F are common in early mornings and evenings. Day temperatures vary between 80-95F (27-35C). You will need 3-4 sets of light, neutral-coloured trousers, shirts, shorts, underwear and socks.
Also required is a light cool sweater, warm hunting jacket, and 1 pair of well-worn-in hunting boots, as well as a pair of comfortable relaxing shoes/running shoes for after the hunt.
A lot of walking can be expected but we take the clients fitness level and health into account when we plan the hunt. A hat or cap, as well as sunblock, must not be forgotten as the African sun can be unforgiving. Other helpful items are – hunting knife, gloves, binoculars, sunglasses, flashlight and camera.
Suggested Personal Safari Equipment
- Good quality pocket size binoculars.
- Hat for the Africa sun.
- Ammunition carrier or belt.
- Multi-purpose knife or leatherman tool.
- Flashlight and batteries.
- Sling and cleaning kit.
- Good quality camera and plenty of batteries.
- Universal adapter for video equipment.
- We suggest the following clothing list: -
- Warm neutral coloured jacket or sweater
- 1 or 2 pairs good walking boots, well broken in to prevent blisters ruining your safari
- Casual clothing and shoes for around camp
- Sun hat/cap - we suggest a sunscreen
- See our PACKLIST
Malaria is prevalent in most African countries. Most of South Africa and Namibia are free of malaria. But if you are traveling to other parts of Africa such as Zimbabwe, Botswana, Mozambique and others you should talk to your doctor about taking the malaria prophylaxis drug Larium or possibly one of the other anti-malaria drugs on the market.
A travel policy will ensure that you are covered for trip cancellation and medical evacuation for the duration of your trip.